Auditorium has partaken in every momentous event in the annals of our College. Constructed with a seating capacity to accommodate more Students, the Auditorium is the prime witness to cultural programmers and formal meetings.
To facilitate formal meetings conducted by the Departments, the Conference / Seminar Halls provide the apt surrounding and atmosphere with a cozy Departmental family environment. The College has a Seminar Hall situated at the first year block. These halls are put to optimum use by every Department for conducting official programmers throughout the year.
The Management maintains the hostel. It offers a good environment to the residents by promoting communal living, to be tolerant of others and to stay united with all their differences. To be precise, the hostel paves way to stand united amidst cultural diversity offering a platform towards a holistic life and healthy living.
- Good Infrastructure
- Quality of Board and Lodging
- Mess fees-Dividing System
- Purified Drinking Water
- Telephone Facilities
- Steam Cooking
- Houses 120 students
- Offers orientation programmers, guidance and counseling, and recreation-sports.
- 24 Hours water facility
- Steam Cooking
Karur College of engineering was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.
Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The standards set at in the field of teaching and research spurs us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.
Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in MNC, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward.
As per AICTE norms our college consists of more than 25,000 volumes of books, National and International journals. Also we have digital library for Internet and online journals service. It consists of separate reading and reference sections for both boys and girls. After college working hours our library functions for the benefit of all the students.
The Library Information Resource Center
- The College library has 25,000 latest books relating to Engineering and technology .It has 62 journals, all leading newspapers along with educational magazines and periodicals.
- The new addition of books in the college library is a regular feature.
- It has a seating capacity of more than 100 students at a time. Separate reading enclosure is there for faculty members.
- College also provides Book Bank facility to the students of B.E and M.E students. Moreover, being a member of INFLIBNET & DELNET the library has a facility for online access to large number of journals and e-books
A modern digital library network with high speed internet access is also housed in the premises.
E- Journal is available in our college.
Reprographic facilities with printer & CD writer are provided for.
Separate Sections for Reference Material, Book Bank, Periodicals, and Project Reports are provided for easy access.
UDC Coding , MODERN LIB Soft ware facilitate faster processing.
The following sections are in the central Library.
- Stock room
- Lending section
- Current Journals
- Reference Books
- Digital Library & E-Resources
- News Papers / Magazines
- Reprographic facility
- Textbook Reference
Rules & Regulations
The library rules and regulations are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
- The library users should possess their ID card while they are inside the library.
- All members of the library are entitled to produce their ID card when the library staff demands for checking.
- Use of Mobile phones is not allowed inside the library.
- Complete silence is to be maintained inside the library. If conversation is necessary, that should be in low tone only.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be deposited in the property counter.
- The arrangement of chairs and other furniture in the reading area should not be disturbed.
- The librarian reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
A canteen is functioning in the located inside the college premises for the benefit of students & staff. The canteen has been well planned and laid out in the midst of verdure lawn and beautifully landscaped. Spacious, airy & trendy in canteen offers ample scope for students to break free from their arduous schedules and enjoy appetizing food in an extremely casual yet pleasant ambience.
- Quality vegetarian food prepared in a hygienic environment to suit diverse taste buds are provided in the canteen.
- All bakery items such as cakes, breads, cream buns, puffs will be available for the whole day.
- Canteen is kept open on working days from10.30am to 5.00pm.
The college has 15 new buses which are made available to the students and the faculty members who reside in various points in the city., to college and back on all working days both in the morning and evening time. The buses are operated in and around Karur separately for boys and girls. Speedometer is attached in all the buses which limits the speed. All these buses have an emergency exit window and a first aid box. All the drivers are well experienced.
All the buses reach the campus before 9.00a.m, so the students and faculty can get ready to attend the classes at 9.20A.M.
The buses leave the campus at 4.50 P.M. which helps all the students to reach home early and safely.
Sports are the spirit of human. Sport makes the complete man. Sports develop the physically fit, mentally tough and socially relationship with other. Our college sponsor many games. We had football, volley ball, handball, and cricket, etc.
As far as sports is concerned, healthy competitions prevailed among the students in the intramurals. All the students were grouped Department wise under different Department, namely EEE, ECE, MECHANICAL, CIVIL and CSE.
Salient of feature
We have encouraged our students to participate in various activities like
- Volley ball