CAD / CAM
|M.E-CAD / CAM||18|
To be a Centre of excellence for development and dissemination of knowledge in Mechanical Engineering for the nation and beyond
Mechanical Engineering is committed to
- Establish itself as an excellent academic center through expert pedagogical methods and modern laboratories to produce world class mechanical engineers
- Disseminate knowledge through seminars, conferences and continuing education programs
- Make tie-ups with industries, research centers and renowned institutions to synergize the benefit
- Contribute towards the upliftment of the society.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Programme will
- Practice Mechanical Engineering in the general stems of design, manufacture, service and allied engineering sectors
- Habituate continuous learning and carry out research and development in science, engineering and technology that supports career growth
- Exhibit ethical code of conduct in a professional manner to solve real – time multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership capabilities that supports economic development of firms as well as society
Graduates will demonstrate
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyzecomplex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciencesand engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and designsystem components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of theinformationto provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities withanunderstanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal,health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant tothe professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutionsin societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need forsustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and writeeffective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team,to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Modern tool usage
use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
work professionally in thermal, manufacturing and mechanical systems areas including the design and realization of such systems with the use of computational tools.